Motivation: Getting others to move in a direction that is a win for them, for you, and for the organization.
But who motivates the motivator? The answer is that true motivation must come from within.
Five tips to stimulate motivation within others:
- Talk about their benefits. What’s in it for them?
- Explain “why” before “what” so they’ll appreciate how they’ll be making a difference.
- Create an eager want for others to do something versus a “must do” or sense of obligation.
- Give reward options. Not everyone wants money, meal vouchers, or tickets to a ball game.
- Be helpful to their success rather than yours.
Send me a note and let me know what you would add to this list.